AccessAble Website – A Guide to the NEC
- The AccessAble website gives you the accessibility information you need to work out if a place is going to be accessible for you
- To view their guide to the NEC please click HERE
Arriving & Access – Train and Car
- By Train: From Birmingham International Railway Station, access to the NEC is via the covered ‘Bridgelink’
- By Car: The facilities have recently been upgraded for parking and getting to your venue. There’s more information on The NEC Getting Here page
- Wheelchair Access: All levels of the NEC are accessible to wheelchair users, via lifts, and have wheelchair friendly toilet facilities
- The Piazza and Atrium main entrances have automatic doors
Drop Off/ Pick Up Arrangements – Taxis and Parking
- Please note, you should bring your Blue Badge with you, even if you are arriving by taxi or private coach.
- If you are arriving by taxi and have your Blue Badge with you, you will be able to be dropped off at the main entrances.
- If you also require a pick up, please advise the taxi firm that you have a blue badge and the taxi will be permitted to pick you up from the main entrances
- If you are using a T.O.A black cab you will be picked up at the ranks by the main entrances.
- If you are arriving by private car and have your Blue Badge with you, you will be directed to the nearest disabled car park – where you can be dropped off and picked up at the end of your visit
- Please be aware that the NEC is a private site
- To protect the available space for those who are entitled to it, The NEC reserves the right to inspect Blue Badges to ensure that they are only being used by those entitled to do so
- If an inspection is refused then The NEC reserves the right to refuse access and parking
Mobility Equipment Hire – Getting Around
- The NEC has a fleet of mobility equipment available to hire on a first come, first serve basis.
- It is recommended to book early to avoid disappointment.
- Unfortunately due to the current circumstances, The NEC are unable to facilitate telephone bookings at this time
- However, you can email your enquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of the team will contact you within three working days.
- Wheelchairs are available free of charge for blue badge holders and £5 for all other visitors
- The number of wheelchairs we have available is limited, so if you’ve got your own, please bring it with you.
- Scooters are available for £15 per hire for all visitors
- All pre-bookings will be held until 1100hrs on the day they’ve been booked for, unless otherwise advised
- For any visitors who have not pre-booked equipment and arrive on the day, any remaining stock will be issued on a first-come, first-served basis
- As collection location varies from show to show, please check the collection point when making a booking
- Please note: Mobility equipment hire is only available during show open times and The NEC only accepts payment by card for any equipment hired
- Assistance dogs are welcome, but we do not recommend that you bring them to events where noise levels are high
- Accessible toilets are available across the venue
- Changing Places facilities are also available by Hall 20, on the Atrium side of site and by Hall 2, on the Piazza side of site (both of these are accessible with a radar key)
- The Changing Places facilities provide more space for up to 2 carers – and extra features to meet additional needs, including height adjustable adult-sized changing benches and a hoist system
Chaplaincy and Prayer Room
- Visitors from every faith have always been warmly welcomed at the NEC
- The NEC has a chaplain available for consultation and support, and also a popular multi-faith prayer room, available on the Piazza by Hall 3
- Inside the room you’ll find prayer mats and holy books, many of which have been generously donated by representatives of local faiths
- In addition, there is a men’s Wudu room adjacent to the prayer room and a ladies’ Wudu facility within hall 2 ladies’ public toilets
- The NEC is also happy to put you in touch with local faith leaders and places of worship, just call the chaplain on 0121 767 2911